Extensions > SpamBot
SpamBot detection handler
Block access to your Web Site (singe pages or whole internet presence) for automatic spam robots. All IP addresses are identified as Span (suspicious access) or Ham (allowed access) based on BlackList or WhiteList or provider checks.
The following providers are currently supported:
Caching of testing results. Definition of BlackList or WhiteList.
Testing IP address at http://spamhaus.org.
Testing IP address at http://honeyport.org.
Testing IP address at http://www.stopforumspam.com.
- Install Plugin
- Create a new Frontend module of typ SpamBot. Configure which provider and in which order provider should be used.
- Create a new page (optional) to which suspicious visitor should be redirected or check and update Template mod_spambot according to your requirements (existing template supports messages for German and English).
- Include module either in Page layout or on one or more pages as page element.
- All visitor IP addresses are now check according to your configuration and in case of suspicious (Spam) visitor either a message is displayed or visitor is redirected to a special page.
- Using a new menu option in BackEnd (in Account management) you can specify addition PA addresses or IP address ranges (in "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx-xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" or "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/xxx" format) in BlackList or WhiteList.
- We recommend using moduel only on page level.
- Depending on which / how many provider you want to use for IP address latency time for displaying page and extend. If you include module e.g. only on page where vistor may register and/or on contact page all other pages will be displayed faster.
- If you use a internet site with multi-language support you may define multiple Frontend modules with a a language specific redirection page.
- With this plugin you may lock specific page in your intranet using the BlackList or allow only specific visitors to see these pages using WhiteList.
- We highly recommend making any tests on a page not visible for other visitors or on a local copy of your internet site (may bee you will lock or potential customers during testing :-).
- Allow logging of Ham IP access.
- Open you special page in front end.
- Take a look at the IP address in BackEnd.
- Check IP address with configured provider and analyze result.
- Modify record and change type to Spam
- Reload your modified page in browser and check results.