You are browsing the old Contao 3 extension repository. Contao 3 is no longer maintained as of June 2019! You can find the Contao 4 extensions on extensions.contao.org.
Extensions > catalog
Define multiple unique catalogs, custom field types and various front-end display formatting.
Please note, development of Catalog has been stopped in favor of a complete rewrite under the name MetaModels (now.metamodel.me).
This module allows user to define and manage catalogs of items. Imagine you want to show to visitors of your site a list of your games. You may have many games, but all share certain attributes, like title, author, genre, console formats, release date, etc. You want to save all this information and later present it to visitors, let them show only games in the driving games genre, or games with price above a certain amount, only games that are available, etc. This module allows you to do just that.
WARNING: This is the new version 2.0 of the catalog. We have checked that the upgrade process is as smooth as possible, however to avoid any possible data loss, please ensure that BEFORE you UPGRADE, that you create a BACKUP of your TL and Catalog Database DATA. We cannot accept any responsibility for data loss or corruption during an upgrading.
- There were many heavy changes from beta1 to beta2 including the reworking of the handling of TAG fields. If you happen to end up with non working filtering for tags, please run the new Maintenance found in the Catalog editing screen.
- The Catalog now utilizes the Contao internal comment system. Therefore when performing Database update, do NOT delete the tl_catalog_comments table until you have visited the catalog at least once and the automatic porting of the comments has happened (you can check that this has happened by looking into the comments section in your Contao Backend, if comments end up there, comments have been ported, if not, they have not been ported yet).
Catalog 2.0.0 beta2 has the following new features:
- Sorting of items can be done manually in the backend in addition to automatic sorting.
- The handling of tag fields has been rewritten entirely with a reference table and thus speeding up the catalog core by (in my tests) 400-500% and more.
- Added publish/unpublish "eye" to items (if checkbox field is configured as publish field).
- Reworked the Frontend editing with an embedded minimal DataContainer to support callbacks (not all yet though).
- Honor all settings in dca_config.php (and supplied values from other extensions).
- Reworked the CatalogNavigation module (some known issues still persist).
- Added loads of HOOKs.
- Moved the comments to the Contao internal comment system (existing comments should be ported automatically).
- Fixed loads of bugs.
Catalog 2.0.0 has many new features:
- Select/Tags supports tree-views in BE and FE (with collapsible as option)
- Catalog Filter to support form with POST (instead of just GET) single button [partial]
- Catalog Navigation Module to show a select field as navigation tree [testing]
- Catalog Comments Module
- Catalog Edit Module
- Catalog List improved - link wrap any selected field (not just title or added link)
- New and improved fieldtypes: calculate, custom fieldtypes
- Meta file sorting selectable for files/images (only for multiple)
- Additional support for TL 2.8 image thumnails box model
- TL 2.7 Legend Groups and half-width controls both in application AND your Catalog