Extensions > changelanguage
Allow the visitor to switch between different languages of a page.
The idea is, that you have a multilingual site created with typolight. One of the website-roots has to be used as the fallback-language. I do also assume that this fallback-language contains the majority of pages. For example the fallback language is german. Another language is english, with some pages, that are missing in the german version.
In the first step, you create the site structure of you fallback-language. In the second step you define the root for a new language. By adding a regular page to this new language, you find a new selectbox called “Fallback-Page”. This selectbox shows all regular pages of the sitestructure of you fallback-language. Now you can select the page that corresponds to the one you just created.
If there's no direct pendent, just leave the selectbox at “No equal page”. The user will then be redirected to the start page.
The last step is to create a ChangeLanguage-Module and add it via the page layout or as content-element.
- Switched to nav_default templates for navigation listing
- Added hook to customize the fallback URLs (Ticket #1460)
- Added css class to li and anchor/span tag to match the contao standard
- Added .html5 and .xhtml templates for Contao 2.10
- Moved module "language redirect" from extension "redirect" to "changelanguage"
- Fixed issue in "edit all" mode
- Removed compatibility with Contao 2.7
- Removed country flag icons, they can be added using CSS background images