You are browsing the old Contao 3 extension repository. Contao 3 is no longer maintained as of June 2019! You can find the Contao 4 extensions on extensions.contao.org.
Extensions > changelanguage
Allow the visitor to switch between different languages of a page.
The idea is, that you have a multilingual site created with typolight. One of the website-roots has to be used as the fallback-language. I do also assume that this fallback-language contains the majority of pages. For example the fallback language is german. Another language is english, with some pages, that are missing in the german version.
In the first step, you create the site structure of you fallback-language. In the second step you define the root for a new language. By adding a regular page to this new language, you find a new selectbox called “Fallback-Page”. This selectbox shows all regular pages of the sitestructure of you fallback-language. Now you can select the page that corresponds to the one you just created.
If there's no direct pendent, just leave the selectbox at “No equal page”. The user will then be redirected to the start page.
The last step is to create a ChangeLanguage-Module and add it via the page layout or as content-element.
- Added support for Contao 3
- Option to hide languages without direct fallback
- Redirect and forward pages can now have fallback assigned
- Can now assign translations of articles (for article teasers)
- Added hreflang=".." to the navigation links
- Automatically inject <link rel="alternate" hreflang=".."> into the page header for direct fallbacks
- Added compatibility with Avisota
- Fixed issues with language parameter if no direct fallback was available (#4)