Extensions > editarea
EditArea Code Editor
A editor plugin for textareas for code editing with syntax-highlight and more
This editor is free and freely distributable (released under LGPL and Apache license, choose one). All the creator Christophe Dolivet asks is that he receive credit for his work. he will also enjoy to receive mail to tell if you 're using it, just in order to have an idea of how much this editor is used.
- Easy to integrate, only one script include and one function call
- Tabulation support (allow to write well formated source code)
- Search and replace (with regexp)
- Word-wrap support
- Auto-indenting new lines
- Line numerotation
- Multilanguage support (currently: Croatian, Danish, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese)
- Possible PHP gzip compression (compress the 12 core files to one file of ~20Ko)
- Allow multiple instances
- Full screen mode
- Possible plugin integration
- Possible save and load callback functions
- Possible dynamic content management
- Can work in the same environment than "protype" and "mootools"'s like libraries.
- automatic focus on the textarea on page load.
- only on syntax language at the same time (no html and php syntax highlight at the same time).
- IE 6 to 8
- Firefox 1.5 to 3
- Safari 3 to 4
- Opera 9
- Chrome 1, 2