Extensions > googleanalytics
Includes Google Analytics tracking
This extension offers an easy way to include the tracking code for Google Analytics.
- Google-Analytics-ID for each page root (allows usage of different trackings with multi domain setups)
- Anonymize the IP before sending it to Google
- Add page speed measurement is configurable
- Domain for tracking cookie is configurable
- Track downloads (Copy templates to central template folder and remove "_ga" part from the name.)
- Track events and external links (only prepared, see below)
- Insert Tag ga::privacytext for German privacy statement (translations for other languages welcome!)
- Definition for bounce rate in seconds (Google defines als visitors with only one page vistied as bounce. The regular definiton are such users if the stay on that page for a maximum of 5-10 seconds.)
Documentation for tracking of events and external links:
You can enable tracking for all external links in the settings of website root object. In this case all external links will get an additional onClick event for tracking or existing onCLick events will get extended.
Or you can choose to do link tracking manual on only some external links. In this case you will have to add the function recordOutboundLink as onClick event manual to all links you want to track. Parameters are the group for event tracking (an external link will be tracked like an event), the URL string, and a flag to open the URL in a new window (1=yes/0=no). Example:
a href="foobar.com" onClick="recordOutboundLink(this, 'Outbound Links', 'foobar.com', 1);return false;"
For the tracking of events use the function gaTrackEvent. Parameters are the group for event tracking and a value. Example:
a href="mailto:email@example.com" onClick="gaTrackEvent('E-Mail sent', 'firstname.lastname@example.org');"