Read the official Contao announcements.
TYPOlight 2.2 is available
by Leo Feyer
TYPOlight 2.2 is available for download. There have been major changes to the underlying framework and about 50% of the source code have been rewritten. Therefore, please read the following instructions carefully before you install or update!
Install from a GitHub package
- Back up tl_files, templates and localconfig.php!
- Download the release from github.com
- Remove all existing files and upload the new ones
- Replace the local configuration file with the old version
- Restore folders tl_files and templates
Update via live update
- Grab the files via live update (2.4 MB)
- Ignore error messages and exceptions (if any)
- Reload the page twice after the update is finished
- If there are any error messages you might have to re-install
Template variables can now be accessed as $this->variable in addition to $variable. You might want to disable option extract template variables (settings) in order to gain performance. Once this option has been disabled you will not be able to use simple template variables like $variable anymore.
There are also a few new methods that you can use in your templates:
- $this->getFrontendModule($id, $column='main');
In case you are running custom modules you should check them before you update. Custom modules that work with version 2.1 do not necessarily work with version 2.2 as well! As being said there have been major changes to the underlying framework which now e.g. does not use any static methods anymore. Please contact me if you need help!
Of course, version 2.2 also includes several new powerful features like Ajax support in the back end or the user registration module. Take a look at the changelog to see what has been done.
Download this release from github.com.
Back to the news overview.