Read the official Contao announcements.
Wanted: TYPOlight Case Studies
Official Partners should submit their case studies today!
Since the re-launch of the TYPOlight website in September of 2009, there is a new section for case studies. But for some reason, everyone's either being bashful about submitting their work or no one knows about that they can. I'll assume the latter, since it doesn't make sense to knowingly pass up this excellent marketing opportunity which is available to all TYPOlight Partners! There are currently only four website case studies listed in the English section and seven entries in the German section.
Case studies are an excellent way for the TYPOlight community to show what can (and has) been done with this CMS. It also brings exposure to the Partner who posted it, since each entry includes a link to their profile. Additionally, a case study is randomly loaded at the bottom of every page on the website.
Aside from viewing TYPOlight's feature set and online demo, I imagine that new visitor's to the site are highly interested in seeing what has actually been done with the system. So I urge each Partner to set aside some time to shamelessly plug the websites you've carefully crafted.
I can already hear the question: "But it's probably a difficult process to add a case study, right?" Au contraire mon frere! It's as simple as filling in a few fields and submitting a form. Here's a rundown on how it's done:
- Click the LOGIN link in the upper-left of the site. (If you're already logged in, it will say PROFILE instead.)
- Click the 'Manage case studies' link in the right column navigation.
- Click the 'Add a new case study' link in the body section.
- Add content for these fields:
- Website URL
- Language of the case study (English or German)
- Upload a new screenshot (jpg,gif,png,tif,tiff,bmp | up to 4MB | 800 x 800 pixels max)
- General description (An overview of the business, organization or entity.)
- What makes the website worth a case study? (Discuss the amazing things you did!)
- Which extensions did you use?
- Click 'Save' or 'Save and close' (You know the drill. )
And that's it! Your TYPOlight handiwork is now published as a case study on the official website.
Back to the news overview.